Norwood Scale of Male Pattern Hair Loss
The Norwood Men’s Hair Loss Chart can help you visualize and determine the stage of male pattern baldness (Androgenic Alopecia) you are experiencing. Depending on your specific level of hair loss and age, a variety of solutions are available, including hair transplant surgery, laser hair loss treatment therapy, and PRP Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy.
- Norwood 1: Early and light hair loss in front of hairline.
- Norwood 2: Light to complete hair loss in front fifth of scalp.
- Norwood 3: The front quarter of the scalp has light to complete hair loss.
- Norwood 4: Light to complete hair loss in the front third to half of top of head, loss of hair in the front and or back of the scalp. Some light hair growth across mid scalp.
- Norwood 5: Light to complete loss in front, crown and mid scalp.
- Norwood 6: The front, crown, scalp and upper occipital region of the back of the head have moderate to extensive hair loss.
If you would like more information regarding hair restoration or hair loss treatment options, we encourage you to contact our McLean, Virginia clinic today and talk to a PAI hair restoration specialist. A free complimentary hair loss evaluation and consultation is always available to answer all your questions and help you find the perfect hair loss solution for you.